Today we sent a couple of prototypes to Sutter Health to demo. We got some valuable feedback, made some improvements based off of that, and we are at $2990 on our GoFundMe—$10 away from the $3k goal!
With every passing day this project moves faster and faster. Today, we picked up Mr. Brown's printers from West Campus and distributed them to Luke, Liam, Zane, and myself. We also designed a new head strap system and have solid plans to reduce the cost down to under $1! Tomorrow, I'll be sending a couple $2 prototypes that I added the new strap onto to my mom's work so we can get some feedback from actual nurses in the hospital. On top of everything, we've raised almost $2800!
I know I haven't been making blog posts for the past couple days but I've been working really hard on pushing all my efforts publicly. In fact, I launched my GoFundMe and at time of writing, donors have contributed over $2000!
Today I got started making the first prototype for the face shields and I learned a lot about the materials that I really need to make these. I'm also in the process of optimizing the design to be as cost-efficient as possible.
My original plan was to create a new website for the COVID-19 action I discussed taking in yesterday's post. However, this no longer seems to be a feasible option. Therefore, I am making a number of changes to this website so I can put the same content I was planning on hosting on the new site here.
Despite what I said in yesterday's post, I actually have to postpone the public launch of my devlog. D=
I recently decided to launch this website and my public Instagram page @zuriel.games, in an effort to start documenting my gamedev journey and sharing my experiences with the internet
I've decided to finally get on board with devlogs and social media for gamedev! For those of you unfamiliar with the term, devlogs are simply blogs meant to help game developers like me share my progress and content with an audience of players like you.