Today we sent a couple of prototypes to Sutter Health to demo. We got some valuable feedback, made some improvements based off of that, and we are at $2990 on our GoFundMe—$10 away from the $3k goal!
Unfortunately, one of the rubber bands snapped on one of the prototypes. This is likely due to the rugged way I looped the band into the hole, and the friction may have contributed to the wear of the rubber band very quickly. The other prototype, however, works fine, and helped attain more attention for this project.
There were also a couple of Prusa's face shield prototypes in the hospital yesterday and apparently our prototype is more comfortable and of higher quality. =D
To fix the rubber band issue, we redesigned the strap, placing the rubber band in the middle to alleviate the tension.
That's all for now. We are continuing to make progress and will begin ramping up production promptly.